Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Disconnected Again!

Just my luck. I lost my Internet connection again yesterday. For the entire day, I felt as if one of my limbs had gone on holiday. It just didn't feel right not being able to click on something on the computer that could link me to the outside world.

Also, my kids had been bugging me to go online to search for Transformers-related stuff! They just wanted to see some cool images of the Autobots and Decepticons in actions.

Anyway, I tried every other hour. Nothing worked. I called Alex at the office and asked if he forgot to pay the broadband bill. He said he'd paid and that he'd take a look at the computer and the connection when he came back. Well, it was going to be a long wait since he had a dinner meeting last night.

So we couldn't surf the net. Joshua was disappointed. Luckily there were still lots of DVDs, including the much-loved Flushed Away, to keep the kids occupied.

After the kids went to bed at eight, I decided to kill time by watching something on the TV. There was a concert for the Princess Diana. Not bad. I actually saw a few veterans strut their stuff on stage - Sir Tom Jones was still groovy, Rod Steward wasn't that impressive and Jason Donovan looked so old!

Alex came back at 11pm. And guess what he did to rectify my problem? Just unplugged the main switch for a couple of seconds and plugged it back on. Voila! We were connected again. So simple.

He should've told me to do that. That would've saved me a lot of restlessness!

No comments: