Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter Mania

For a book and movie reader, I probably have committed the deadliest sin - I have NEVER read a single Harry Potter book, nor have I ever watched a single Harry Potter movie from the beginning till the end. I've seen bits and pieces of some of the movies but those don't count.

Shocking huh? What kind of book and movie lover is this? I mean I love Tolkien's Lord of the Rings books and Peter Jackson's blockbuster movies of the same titles. But somehow, I never came around to reading Rowling's offerings.

Why? I don't know. I just never did.

And I don't quite understand how Harry Potter has become such a global hit. I mean, there is so much hoo-hah over the leak of the last installment - Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. And gosh, people lined up early in the morning at bookshops across the world to buy the book on the day it was released in the market. Wow, these must be real die hard fans.

And Rowling must be laughing all the way to the bank - whether Harry Potter dies or not!

No comments: