Sunday, July 01, 2007

Is It Starting Soon?

"Is the show going to start soon?", Joshua asked the 13th time, keeping his tone down in the packed cinema.

"Soon. It will start soon," I whispered back to him, though I was beginning to wonder myself if the much anticipated Transformers was ever going to swing into action anytime in the near future.

I lost count of the trailers and advertisements that we in the audience had to endure. Granted, some of the trailers were really cool. The new Harry Potter movie and another fantasy kind of offering called Stardust were particularly impressive. But the advertisements were a bit too much. After all, we'd seen most of them on the television.

The kids started to get a little restless. They'd waited all week for this. Too bad. Being forced to watch trailers and advertisements is part of cinema-going after all. There was nothing I could do about it.

Then, more than half an hour after we'd stepped into the cinema hall, Transformers finally hit the big screen.

Well, what can I say? It was worth the wait. The mean machines looked so real when they transformed. It's amazing what special effects and CGIs can do these days. It was nothing like the cartoon version that I saw before!

Joshua was thrilled. He forgot about the long wait earlier. Joanne, on the other hand, fell asleep halfway but managed to wake up just in time to catch the last half hour, which was loaded with real heavy duty, Matrix-style whacking and kicking and slicing between the Autobots and the Decepticons.

Well, I just hope I don't have to wait another half an hour in my next visit to a cinema. Such a waste of time. I could've done so much in half an hour.

No comments: