Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The A Factor

For some strange reason, I seem to have a certain connection with people whose names start with an "A".

My Christian name is Adeline and I'm married to Alex. My mum is Anna and I used to sponsor 2 kids named Anuchai (from Thailand) and Aisulu (from Mongolia) under the World Vision Sponsorship Programme. My best friend in Melbourne is Anla, wife of Alex's best friend.

I have a few ex-colleagues called Anne, Angelina, Asiah, Amy, Alexa, Anastasia and even a couple of my namesake, Adeline. There was an Alson, Andy, Andrew and Anthony and Alan too. One of my closest friends has recently adopted a new blog moniker - Anfield Devotee and while his real name doesn't start with an "A", it has an "A" in every one of the four syllables in his first name.

Even my some of my favourite movie/book characters have "A" names - Aragorn and Arwen, Anakin and Amadila, Anne Shirley (Of Green Gables).

This A connection seems to have affected Joshua as well since his best chums are Andrew, Angus and Alexander. And his new teacher is Miss Amy McDonald.

It's little wonder I end up in a country with a name that starts with an "A"!

5 comments:

anfield devotee said...

er, miss adeline, you seem to have forgotten something, yer fave past time has has left you an . . . ALCOHOLIC!

Hope you are still going fer yer AA meetings . . .

Bernard said...

Ah! I'm in the rare category then??

anfield devotee said...

Hullo, Aunty, you should not stop posting on a daily basis. Its a great way to keep in touch & I look forward to reading yer adventures down under.
Don't be so fooking lazy la, or is it coz u r pissed drunk the whole fooking day!?!

PS: Pls comment on Sussana & Magical Orchestra on me blog. Have a feelin you will like this one. Cheers!

weiyin69 said...

anfield: i've left my alcoholic past in KL lar. so sober here it's disgusting!

bernard: which category are you referring to? the AA meetings??

been a bit lazy lately. that's why no more daily postings!! ha ha.

Bernard said...

Ehhh...! I'm no alcoholic aa! Talking about me being in the "B" name category! You sure you not drunk-aa & you're in a great wine country summore!