Friday, July 06, 2007

Time Flies

Is it just me or time is really slipping through us more quickly than, say 10 years ago?

We've been in Melbourne for more than 7 months but it seems like just yesterday. Where has the time gone? I haven't done much. My daily routine is a pretty much the same - wake up, feed kids breakfast, send Joshua to school with Joanne tagging along (even when we had to catch the public bus), come back home to do house chores and prepare meals, eat lunch, get Joanne to take a quick nap, then go out to pick up Joshua from school, come home, bathe the kids, prepare dinner and do more house chores, have dinner and sleep.

Boring. But when you do the same thing everyday, time passes even faster. And the fact that there are 4 seasons here makes it seem even faster. You see, every 3 months, you have to re-organise your wardrobe. Three months are a short time. Before you know it, you have to put your current clothes aside to make way for more weather appropriate clothes.

Back in Malaysia, we didn't feel that because we wore the same kind of clothers throughout the entire year!

It's scary to think that time waits for no one. I can remember my mother very vividly when she was my age or even younger. It won't be long when Joanne says the same thing!

Half my life is gone - very likely more than half! Hopefully, God is kind enough to give me some time to do more than just routine housework before my time on Earth runs out! A trip around the world will be nice ...

1 comment:

Vithyatheri Govindan said...

I agree. Time is passing extremely fast this year. Unbearable and befere you know it, half the year has gone by. *sigh *sigh