Thursday, July 05, 2007

We're Game!

The kids have been restless - we are in the midst of the winter school holidays now and they are both home all the time. Which means I need to find ways to keep them amused.

They've been glued to the idiot box too often and are going to damage the Flushed Away DVD that I borrowed from my friend soon if I don't stop them from playing it repeatedly.

I needed something else to keep them amused. Colouring books have worn out their novelty. So those were out. What else could "babysit" them while I slog away trying to keep the house clean and whip out meals?

The computer, of course, or more accurately, online games. But first, I had to find the easy and free ones for kids Joshua and Joanne's age. After a few click over Google, I found something useful - www.uptoten.com.

Here, you can find hundreds of games. We've just explored a few and the kids loved them! Well, I still had to explain a few things to them but once they got the hang of it, I could actually leave them alone for a short while. And it's a good thing we have 2 laptops. So no fighting took place.

I just hope I hadn't got them too hooked on online games!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kids too pamper nowadays lah. Look at us when we were kids. We kept ourselves amused all the time. Don't even have cartoons to watch.