Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Blooming Blossoms

It's such a cliche but truly, when you see cherry blossoms blooming all around you, you know it's spring. Well, officially, it is still winter until the last day of August but signs of spring are everywhere now.

And until now, I'd never really seen cherry blossoms before. The fake ones we see during Chinese New Year don't count. The real ones are really a sight to behold, especially when there are a few of them together.

They come mostly in pink. But there are white and red ones as well. Each is gloriously beautiful in its own way. I can't get enough of them although I've seen them everywhere by now. I even have one cherry blossom tree in my own backyard. I didn't realise it is a cherry blossom tree because its branches were botak until 2 weeks ago. I actually mistook it for some old, dying tree! Ignorant, that's me.

As beautiful as they are, cherry blossoms don't last very long, probably 4 to 5 weeks at most. Pity! But there are other breathtakingly beautiful flowers waiting to make an appearance. I'm looking forward to that. My mother will love that too. She should only come visiting during spring. Not this year though. Hopefully next year.

Hello Spring! I just hope we don't get hay fever with all the pollen floating around.



No comments: