Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Memories

It's a pain getting older. My memory is not as sharp as it used to be. I once prided myself for having a fantastic memory. That's why I did fairly well in subjects like History, Geography and Biology. Well, not anymore. These days, my ability to remember things seems to be slipping - a sure sign of ageing.

In the past 2 weeks, I've misplaced my house keys 3 times. Each time it happened, I ran around like a mad woman in the house looking for the keys. In one of those occasions, I nearly couldn't leave the house to send Joshua to school. I found the keys eventually but as a result, Joshua was late for school!

And there have been numerous times where I can't remember what I cooked for lunch the day before, where we went to on the weekend, which shopping mall we went to, who came to visit the week before, etc. I often find myself being forced to mentally comb every corner of my brain to get the answers.

Thankfully, I can still remember things that happened years ago. Not Alex, though. He doesn't seem to have a vivid memory of his childhood. Well, he can't even remember when we first started dating! And yesterday he got the year we were married wrong.

I guess my memory is still a little more intact than others. And hopefully it will be like that for a while.

2 comments:

anfield devotee said...

Mother's Little Helper - Rolling Stones . . .

Its happening to you. There's a line in it that goes "Its a drag growing old"'. . .

weiyin69 said...

will do my best to grow old gracefully, if there is such a thing ...