Friday, August 10, 2007

Footy Fun Day

Today was one of those fun days at the school. It's Footy Fun Day. All the kids at Joshua's school were encouraged to come in colours of their favourite football team.

Now, that posed a problem. Apparently, Joshua had chosen a team called The Eagles. I had absolutely no clue what The Eagles wear. Miss Ellard, Joshua's teacher, kindly informed me they come in blue and yellow. I neglected to ask what shades of blue. Luckily, I had good old Google to find that out.

So I managed to find the right colours for Joshua today. Well, as expected, he was a little underdressed. The other kids, being real die-hard footy fans or future footy stars, were decked in jerseys, scarves, socks, shoes and hats of their favourite teams! Riots of colours everywhere. They even had time to show off their outfits in the school hall.

Gee, school is so much fun here! I wonder what fun day is next.

4 comments:

Sangeeta said...

My husband is a huge Eagles fan as well - he grew up in Perth after all. How come Joshua picked this team and not a Melbourne team?

weiyin69 said...

Aiyo, the boy has no idea lar ... He just picked the bird he likes. If there were an Owls team, he would've picked that! He loves Owls.

I don't understand Footy at all!

anfield devotee said...

You see, yer lack of footie knowledge has left yer poor boy at a disadvantage . . . Shame on u!!!
PS: Just make sure he doesn't become a man u supporter coz that is a sure way to invite ridicule & contempt!!!

weiyin69 said...

oi, it's Aussie Footy, not soccer lar! I understand soccer. I just don't understand what the fuss is! And MU is a fantastic team.