Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Few Things I Like About My House

I have no great love for the house that I lived in for six years in Cheras. It is too big (3 floors), too colourful (shades of rainbow) and come with silly-looking cone-shaped roofs (just like fake castles). Many have dubbed the houses in that area "Disney Houses". It didn't help that my room was on the top floor.

In contrast, the house that I'm living in right now in Doncaster is just perfect. It's kind of old and it's not even our own (we're renting) but it's haven to me. Here's why:

1. It's a single story bungalow. No more running up and down the stairs. You can reach any part of the house within 20 seconds!

2. It's easy to clean. All done in less than half an hour.

3. It's in a quiet neighbourhood. No aweful karaoke singing, no squabbling neighbours, no barking dogs, etc.

4. It's a 1-minute walk to the bus-stop (You never know when you need to take the bus).

4. It's 3 minutes away from the Eastern Freeway, which takes you straight to the city.

5. It's a 10-minute walk to the Westfield Shoppingtown (too bad under heavy renovation now, so a bit messy).

6. It's 8 minutes away from Box Hill - where you can find all sorts of Asian groceries, libraries and hospitals.

7. It's 10 minutes away from my cousin, Pin's house.

And best of all, it's just Alex, Joshua, Joanne and me. Just the way a little family should be. Well, not for long, though. We'll have to make room for some long-time visitors soon ...


2 comments:

anfield devotee said...

yep, yer old house in that funky part of Cheras/kajang was very much the work of a semi-demented architect on LSD/Muchrooms & quite possibly angel dust . . .

The horror . . . the horror . . .

weiyin69 said...

i'm certain of that too. ought to be shot!